BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Oh the holidays...

Wow does time go fast! I thought it was just yesterday that we were spending Christmas in Albuquerque! But this year I am left to cooking the wonderful dinner! OH is that going to be a surprise!! I mean after all, I have never cooked this big or this important of a meal myself!! I think it will be interesting though, and it will be delicious! *Crossed Fingers*

For some though, the holidays don't bring the joy it should. I know, because I used to be one of those people. It is still sometimes hard to get over the past during these times. You just have to remember, that the past can be replaced by the future! You can make more memories! I still have nightmares and feelings of dread and anxiety during this time of year, especially when it comes to family around. This is only because there is half of my family that I can not and possibly will never get to spend the holidays with again. I just keep reminding myself that, as much as it hurts, it's probably for the best. I've only begun to experience life without drama and hate, without mind games and mixed feelings. You may experience these same things, but all it takes is one good friend or family member to make it better. Surrounding yourself with those that truly love you, is the only thing you need during this time. Even if you just call them on the phone because they live far away, all that matters is that they are with you in your heart.

All good things will come to those who wait! 17 yrs, 22yrs and 24 yrs are how long it took things to work out here, my magical numbers! What are yours??

0 comments: